Stainless Steel is selected for applications where there is a requirement for corrosion resistance, strength or aesthetic appeal. However the use of stainless steel in certain conditions may still lead to staining and discoloration due to surface deposits and cannot be assumed to be completely maintenance-free.
In order to achieve maximum corrosion resistance and aesthetic appeal, the surface of the stainless must be kept clean. Provided regular maintenance is followed your stainless steel will continue to deliver on performance and deliver a long service life.
Below is an overview of the maintenance required as stated by the manufacturer. It is advised that all information is read prior to conducting any maintenance. The relevant MSDS from Cyndan should be referred to for OHS recommendations.
- All stainless steel structures/fixtures are to be maintained by using Cyndan’s Stainless Steel Polish liberally onto a clean, dry cloth and then applying an even coating over the
- In the event of tea-staining/rust markings, all stainless steel structures are cleaned down with Cyndan’s Stainless Steel Cleaner with a solution of 1 part product to 12 parts water. The person conducting the cleaning/maintenance must wear gloves as the solution in sprayed onto the surface, allowed to sit for 8 – 10 minutes then washed off with water. Allow to dry completely. Once the surface is dry, reapply a liberal coating of Cyndan’s Stainless Steel Polish (as per above).
- Should Tea Staining (rust markings) become more visible, a stronger solution (1 part product to 6 –8 parts water depending on severity) should be used for Allow to sit for 8 to 10 minutes, wash off with water and reapply Cyndan’s Stainless Steel Polish as above. More severe staining may require soft agitation prior to washing off with water.
- Protection of floor/wall surfaces while spraying Cyndan’s Stainless Steel Cleaner is
Heelguard Grating Australia warranty applies to:
- Grade I.S.I 316 stainless steel
- Grade I.S.I 304 stainless steel,
- Low carbon versions of same (304-L and 316-L)
Heelguard Grating Australia will warrant materials for a lifetime, given they are used for their intended purposes.
Heelguard Grating Australia will warrant workmanship for a period of ten (10) years, given the products are used for their intended purposes and used according to their respective Australian Standard specification requirements:
- Slip resistance AS 2013 appendix D
- Load bearing characteristics AS 3996
Heelguard Grating Australia does not warrant against `tea staining`. We recommend following a clear care and maintenance schedule